CRYSTAL LAKE – The Community High School District 155 Education Association, which represents 445 teachers, provided graduating seniors with $13,500 in scholarships this year.
“We want to support as many students as possible at all the district’s schools,” association President Justin Hubly said.
All of the scholarship funds were donated by teachers and staff members.
“I am continually impressed by the generosity of the District 155 faculty,” Hubly said.
The association’s scholarship committee reviews applications and interviews candidates each spring. The committee then makes recommendations to the association’s board.
The scholarship recipients are:
• Cary-Grove High School – Elizabeth Hughes, Brandon Majmudar, Kreena Patel and Zachary Taylor.
• Crystal Lake Central High School – Sebastian Agignoae, Savina Caniglia, Katie Marr and Maxine Quinney.
• Crystal Lake South High School – Hailey Laumann, Lauren Johnson, Paige Schumacher and Luke Wajrowski.
• Prairie Ridge High School – Courtney Gora, Daniel Simak and Emma Vierck.
• Haber Oaks campus – Mark Ellison, Chris Stancil and Nayeli Magana.
“These students represent the best and brightest in our community,” Hubly said. “We look forward to seeing their contributions in the future.”