Cigarette butts cause two small grass fires in Wauconda
Discarded cigarette butts caused two separate grass fires Wednesday in Wauconda, according to the Wauconda Fire Department.
Crews were called to an industrial park in the 1200 block of Kyle Court at around 4 p.m. for a grass fire in a vacant lot, according to Battalion Chief Bob Rucker. A large grassy area had been completely burnt off and there was no smoke left when firefighters arrived.
“People need to realize that we are in heavy drought conditions, and even mowed lawns are so dry that they will burn really quickly with any type of winds,” Rucker said. “Residents need to be really careful.”
If you have any technical difficulties, either with your username and password or with the payment options, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com