3 teens charged in fatal beating of Chicago man
CHICAGO (AP) — Three Chicago teenagers have been charged with first degree murder in the beating death of a 62-year-old disabled man after the boys recorded the assault using a cellphone and posted it on Facebook, police said.
Delfino Mora, a father of 12, was attacked in an alley on the city's North Side early Tuesday, and was found hours later by a passer-by, police said. Taken to St. Francis Hospital in Evanston in critical condition, he died Wednesday afternoon from blunt head trauma, according to the Cook County medical examiner's office. He had been collecting aluminum cans to earn money for his family.
Police said 16-year-old Malik Jones confronted Mora in the alley and asked him what he had in his pocket before punching him in the jaw. Mora, who did not have full use of his right arm after a construction accident several years ago, fell to the ground, hitting his head on the concrete.
If you have any technical difficulties, either with your username and password or with the payment options, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org