CRYSTAL LAKE – Vascular disease is among the leading causes of death in the United States. Generally, there are no symptoms until a catastrophic event occurs, such as a stroke or aneurysm rupture.
The Centegra Wellness on the Move mobile health unit offers a comprehensive vascular screening package to assess the risk of stroke and heart disease.
The mobile health unit has technicians and equipment to screen and diagnose health problems at many stages and promotes education.
Centegra’s vascular screening program provides immediate preliminary results on these tests: ultrasound images of the carotid artery to detect plaque buildup; ankle brachial index measurements to detect blockage risk and peripheral arterial disease; heart rhythm EKG readout to detect atrial fibrillation; risk level for abdominal aortic aneurysm; and body mass index, pulse and blood pressure numbers.
All results are confidential. Follow-up reports completed by a Centegra Health System radiologist are mailed to the patient within a week so they can be shared with a physician.
Screenings will be from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on the following dates:
• Aug. 2 at Centegra Hospital – Woodstock, 3701 Doty Road.
• Aug. 16 at Centegra Physician Care – Crystal Lake, 360 Station Drive.
• Aug. 21 at Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Center – Huntley, 10450 Algonquin Road.
• Aug. 23 at Centegra Hospital – McHenry, 4309 Medical Center Drive.
• Aug. 28 at Centegra Physician Care – Spring Grove, 1906 Holian Drive.
• Aug. 30 at Centegra Hospital – Woodstock, 3701 Doty Road.
For a screening appointment, call 877-236-8347.
This screening is part of Centegra’s add-a-pearl program in which women can receive a pearl for participating in select health and wellness programs. To learn more, visit centegra.org/pearl.