McHENRY – The city of McHenry’s late summer-fall brush pickup program begins Monday.
The chipper will go door to door in residential areas.
Residents should have brush at the curb by 7 a.m. on the first day scheduled for their area. It takes several days to complete an area. No callbacks will be made.
• Monday: North of Route 120. East of the railroad tracks, including Mill Creek, Olde Mill Ponds and Riverside Hollow.
• Aug. 27: North of Route 120, east of the tracks, including the Oaks of McHenry, Millstream, Riverside Drive, Timber Trails, Veterans Park Area, Liberty Trails, Lincoln Hills, Hunterville and east of the river.
• Sept. 4: Brittany Park, Martin Woods, Wooded Ridge and Chesapeake Hills.
• Sept. 10: North of Route 120. Between the west side of Meadow Lane and Sunset Avenue, including west Lakeland Park.
• Sept. 24: North of Route 120. Between the railroad tracks and the east side of Meadow Lane, including east Lakeland Park, Lakewood and Lakeland Shores.
• Oct. 8: South of Route 120, west of the tracks, including Whispering Oaks, Cooney Heights, Glacier Ridge, Woodcreek, Burning Tree, Deerwood, Pheasant Valley, Boone Creek, Park Ridge Estates, Legend Lakes and Lakeland Shores.
• Oct. 22: South of Route 120, west of the tracks, including Winding Creek, Trails of Winding Creek, Fox Ridge, Malibu Estates, Abbey Ridge, Patriot Estates and Crystal Lake Road.
• Nov. 5: South of Route 120, east of the tracks, including McHenry Shores, Pebblecreek, Foxview Highlands, Biscayne Highlands, Oaks of Irish Prairie and Morgan Hill.
• Nov. 19: South of Route 120, east of the tracks, including Edgebrook Heights, Green Valley, Country Club Estates, Country Club subdivision, Brittany Heights, Main Street, Waukegan Road and east of the river.
This program is for tree material only; yard waste belongs in the yard waste collection program provided by the city of McHenry’s waste hauler.
When placing branches at the curb, they should not be in the street. Branches can be as long as possible but no more than 5 inches in diameter. The cut ends of the brush should be facing the road. They will be left behind if they cannot be put through the chipper safely.
This program is intended for larger tree branches resulting from trimming or storm damage and is not for tree removal. No stumps or roots will be taken.
For information, call the city at 815-363-2186.