Fire near Algonquin displaces family
ALGONQUIN – About 7:45 a.m. Wednesday, Kashae Mok woke up to a popping sound and smoke filling the basement where she slept in her family’s house.
Mok, who is eight months’ pregnant, went upstairs and alerted everyone to a fire. “If it wasn’t for her, we probably would still be laying there,” said Patricia Mok, Kashae’s mother. “She was inhaling some of the smoke by this time.”
No one was hurt. Kashae Mok, 22, was taken to Centegra Hospital – Woodstock for observation and was listed in good condition.
If you have any technical difficulties, either with your username and password or with the payment options, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com