House fire started by lightning strike
MARENGO – A house fire started by a lightning strike Wednesday morning was contained to a second-floor bedroom, according to the Marengo Fire Protection District.
The home in the 1700 block of Kunde Road was struck by lightning at around 7:10 a.m. as strong thunderstorms swept through the far northwest suburbs, fire officials said. The roof of the home was struck and the fire quickly spread to the master bedroom of the two-story home.
Firefighters used more than 150 gallons of water to contain the fire to the second floor.
If you have any technical difficulties, either with your username and password or with the payment options, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org