CRYSTAL LAKE – You may not have represented the U.S. in the London Olympics this summer, but that doesn’t mean you should live your life on the sidelines.
Strelcheck Chiropractic of Crystal Lake and other doctors of chiropractic across the country will highlight ways you can feel your best every day, regardless of your age, occupation or fitness level, during National Chiropractic Health Month in October.
This year’s theme, “Find Your Game,” focuses on how everyone can take steps toward optimal health, wellness and functioning.
“From ‘weekend warriors’ to active grandparents, people have a wide range of health and wellness goals,” said Dr. Daniel Strelcheck. “The good news is that everyday victories are possible with just a few healthy lifestyle changes. Your chiropractic physician can offer help by providing nutritional advice, exercise and lifestyle recommendations and natural approaches to managing injuries, aches and pains.”
In honor of National Chiropractic Health Month, Dr. Strelcheck and Dr. Peter Norton offer these tips to help you find your game:
• Get moving. You don’t have to train like an Olympian, just aim for a minimum of 20 to 30 minutes of exercise three to four days a week.
• Stretch daily. Improving flexibility is key to avoiding injury. Make a habit of stretching your major muscle groups each day.
• Bust stress. New activities and experiences help prevent professional and personal burnout. Finding your game involves discovering new activities you enjoy.
• Eat right. Even a few simple changes can have a positive impact on your health. Limit red meat, sugar and salt, and don’t self-prescribe dietary supplements. Consult a health-care professional to ensure your body gets the nutrients it needs to function optimally.
• Recharge. Try to sleep more each night, and revitalize with a glass of pomegranate juice and a brisk walk in the afternoon. Rest, exercise and good nutrition can put pep back into your step.
Dr. Strelcheck and Dr. Norton are graduates of Palmer College of Chiropractic. Strelcheck Chiropractic Clinic has been in private practice in Crystal Lake for more than 50 years. For more information about how they can help you achieve better overall health and wellness, visit www.strelcheckchiro.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.