FOX RIVER GROVE – The Fox River Grove Memorial Library, 407 Lincoln Ave., plans the following programs and events for patrons and the public.
Registration can be done at the Circulation Desk for adult programs and at the Ask-Me Desk for all programs in the youth and young adult divisions. Or call the library during normal business hours.
• Antiques appraisal: It’s time to dust off those treasures from the basement or garage. Karl Gates is back by popular demand to discuss and appraise antiques and collectibles from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday. Gates is a licensed appraiser and always draws quite a crowd. Participants may bring two items (no weapons, coins or stamps). No written appraisals will be given. There is no cost to attend. Registration is required.
• Financial seminar: Have you resolved to take charge of your finances? The library will host financial seminars presented by the Illinois Comptroller’s Office. The first will run from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday to learn about “Identity Theft, Fraud and Scams.” “The Basics of Budgeting” will run from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 17. A “Credit Card Education” seminar will run from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 24. Registration is required.
• LEGO cars: A LEGOLAND Race Car Workshop for children in grades one to five meets from 4 to 5 p.m. Thursday at the library. Participants will construct a LEGO car to take home and race to their hearts’ content. Registration is required. The session is limited to 30 participants. A $5 fee is due at time of registration.
• Costume contest: The library’s Monster Mash Halloween Party for fifth- through eighth-graders runs from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Oct. 19 and will feature a costume contest. There will be games, scary stories and more. Registration is required.
• Ghostly Get Together: The library will host a drop-in “Ghostly Get Together” for grades K-4 from 10 a.m. to noon Oct. 20. Participants can show off their costumes amid scary stories, crafts, games and more. Registration is required.
• Wildlife program: Learn about the amazing wild animals that call McHenry County home with the library’s MCCD Wildlife Program. This program, which is for families with children grades K-4, will take place from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Oct. 23.There will be live animals at this program. Registration is required.
The library’s hours are from 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and until 4 p.m. Saturday. The library is closed on Sunday.
For information, visit www.frgml.lib.il.us or call 847-639-2274.