JOHNSBURG – McHenry Senior Services Associates has scheduled several events for October and November. The programs are at the McHenry Township Senior Center, 3519 N. Richmond Road, Johnsburg.
• Cooking Class: The executive chef from Fox Point Manor will lead a cooking class at 1 p.m. Thursday. It will teach seniors how to prepare an easy, wholesome meal. Registration is required.
• Senior Services Open House: Stop by from 10 a.m. to noon Oct. 26 to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Senior Services Associates. Coffee and cake, provided by Adam Tatroe of BMO Harris, will be available. Singer and guitarist Tom Morris will entertain with familiar favorites from 10 to 11 a.m.
• Halloween Party: The “Spooktacular” event will begin with a costume parade at 11 a.m. Oct. 31 followed by a ghoulish lunch of beef stew, fruit salad and breadsticks. Magician Joe Diamond will perform. The day will conclude with a special bingo session. Prizes will be awarded for best costume, and all will have an opportunity to win one of many door prizes. Tickets cost $7. Payment and registration are due by Oct. 24.
• Vendor Fair: A Vendor Fair and Bake Sale will run from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Nov. 7. This fair will provide seniors the opportunity to complete their holiday shopping in one spot. Vendors are invited to participate for
a donation to Senior Services.
• “Do You Know Your Camera”: Jerry Tomaselli, an award-winning photographer, will teach a photography class at 1 p.m. Nov. 15. The class will teach how to take photos with a digital point-and-shoot camera. Anyone who has questions about their digital camera is invited to attend this class. The cost is $5.
For information, call Cindi Stoffel at 815-344-3555.