Cambridge Lakes Charter School plans Family Speaker Series
PINGREE GROVE – Cambridge Lakes Charter School will host a Family Speaker Series of informative sessions on education, health and safety.
All six sessions will be in the Red Kiva of the learning center of the school, 900 Wester Blvd., Pingree Grove.
• Session One – How do we handle homework?: 7 to 8:15 p.m. today. This seminar will provide the community with the opportunity to ask a panel of teachers about ways to approach homework. The presenters will be Mrs. Bujak, sixth-grade teacher; Mrs. Mesch, third-grade teacher; and Mrs. Kaiser, first-grade teacher.
• Session Two – Living in a diverse community: 7 to 8:15 p.m. Nov. 14. This seminar will discuss different cultures and backgrounds of our diverse school and community. The presenter will be Mr. Crooks, school social worker.
• Session Three – Turning your back to peer pressure: 7 to 8:15 p.m. Jan. 23. This seminar will discuss the dangers of substance abuse and how to teach children ways to overcome negative peer pressure. The presenter will be Alexian Brothers Behavioral Health in Hoffman Estates.
• Session Four – Stop the Teasing!: 7 to 8:15 p.m. Feb. 20. This seminar will teach parents strategies to deal with children who are teasing others or being teased. The presenter will be the Community Crisis Center in Elgin.
• Session Five– Internet Safety: 7 to 8:15 p.m. April 17. This seminar will discuss strategies to keep students safe online. The presenter will be a local police department.
• Session Six – Let’s get moving!: 7 to 8:15 p.m. This seminar will teach and inform parents about the benefits of keeping children active and healthy. The presenter will be a Lifetime Fitness nutritionist and physical trainer.
For information or to schedule a meeting to seek help for a student, contact Crooks at 630-461-9559 or DavidCrooks@cambridgelakescharterschool.net.