CRYSTAL LAKE – Insurance options for pre- and post-retirement will be presented at a free, public educational seminar by the Friends of McHenry County College Foundation.
The seminar will be from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 15 in Room B166-167 at McHenry County College, 8900 Route 14 in Crystal Lake.
“Discovering Insurance Options: Pre and Post Retirement,” will feature Jenette Schwemler and Sylvia Collins.
Schwemler is an attorney from the Law Office of Jenette M. Schwemler, P.C. in Crystal Lake. She practices family and elder law and has represented various municipalities in McHenry and Lake counties.
Collins works as an independent agent for ACSIA Long Term Care in Barrington. She has been an insurance professional for more 15 years.
This seminar series is ideal if one is considering:
• Preparing for retirement or is retired.
• Insurance options for persons under age 65, who do not have coverage through an employer.
• Medicare – insurance for persons over age 65.
• Medicaid – a program for persons disabled or over age 65 who need skilled nursing care not covered by Medicare.
• Long-term care insurance to cover the cost of care at home, assisted living or nursing home.
• Estate planning – a general discussion on wills, trusts and powers of attorney.
The seminar is part of the “MCC Educational Series: Helping You Build a Successful Future.” Walk-ins are welcome, but registration is strongly encouraged.
To reserve a seat or to view upcoming seminars, visit www.mchenry.edu/seminarseries. For information, contact the Friends of McHenry County College Foundation Office at 815-455-8721 or email email@example.com.