To the Editor:
Why am I voting for President Barack Obama? Because I believe that:
• All people have the right to affordable health care.
• Gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender persons deserve to be treated equally under the law.
• The environment must be protected for future generations.
• Alternative sources of energy need to be cultivated.
• Americans need to become intelligent, respectful consumers of energy and natural resources.
• Wall Street needs to be regulated.
• More is gained by working cooperatively and respectfully with other world leaders.
• Women must have the ultimate decision-making authority over their own bodies.
• The United States must never become a theocracy. I am casting my vote on Nov. 6 for President Obama.