To the Editor:
I’m Carol Perschke, McHenry Township assessor since 1995, running for re-election in 2013. I have a Democratic opponent.
My office has served property owners with information, innovation and leadership. Future vision includes continued excellence in service, fairly and professionally.
Information and customer service include:
• Education in person, print and web;
• Ask the Assessor night;
• Extended office hours and home visits.
• Online access since 2000/2001;
• Ongoing work toward paperless office;
• Advanced assessment software user.
• Department head; award-winning professional;
• 2012 budget lower than 2009;
• Past officer County Assessors Association and Illinois Assessors Association;
• Current chairman of the Illinois Property Assessment Institute;
• McHenry Lions Club since 1999; current second vice president.
I have the passion and energy to continue making ours the best assessment office in the county.
Please choose me on April 9 based on qualifications and accomplishments, not generic promises.
Carol L. Perschke
McHenry Township assessor