Centegra to offer vascular screenings in December
CRYSTAL LAKE — The Centegra Wellness on the Move mobile health unit offers a comprehensive vascular screening package to check the risk of stroke and heart disease.
Centegra’s vascular screening program provides immediate preliminary results on these tests: ultrasound images of the carotid artery to detect plaque buildup; ankle brachial index measurements to detect blockage risk and peripheral arterial disease; heart rhythm EKG readout to detect atrial fibrillation; risk level for abdominal aortic aneurysm; and body mass index, pulse and blood pressure numbers.
All results are confidential. Follow-up reports completed by a Centegra Health System radiologist are mailed to the patient within a week so they can be shared with a physician.
Screenings will be from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on the following dates:
• Thursday at Centegra Hospital – McHenry, 4309 Medical Center Drive.
• Tuesday at Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Center – Huntley, 10450 Algonquin Road.
• Dec. 13 at Centegra Hospital – Woodstock, 3701 Doty Road.
• Dec. 18 at Centegra Physician Care – Crystal Lake, 360 Station Drive.
• Dec. 20 at Centegra Physician Care – Spring Grove, 1906 Holian Drive.
The cost is $129 for all tests. For a screening appointment, call 877-236-8347.
This screening is part of Centegra’s Pearls for Wellness program, in which women can receive a pearl for participating in select health and wellness programs. To learn more, visit centegra.org/pearl.