McHenry County Board committee spots assigned
WOODSTOCK – The election of nine new McHenry County Board members forced an overhaul of its committee memberships.
All but one of the 11 standing committees in which most of county government’s work gets done have new chairmen, and three of those chairmen are newly elected members.
Each seven-member committee has at least one member from each of the County Board’s six districts. In the case of the five-member Liquor and License Committee, District 5 is in essence represented by Chairwoman Tina Hill, R-Woodstock, because the chairwoman also acts as county liquor commissioner.
Standing committees meet once or twice a month, not including special meetings. The Building Projects Committee meets on an as-needed basis.
The following is a list of who is on which committee, and who was chosen to lead them.
• FINANCE AND AUDIT: Mary McCann, R-Woodstock (Chairwoman); Donna Kurtz, R-Crystal Lake (Vice Chairwoman); Yvonne Barnes, R-Cary; James Heisler, R-Crystal Lake; Nick Provenzano, R-McHenry; John Hammerand, R-Wonder Lake; and Michael Skala, R-Huntley
• HUMAN RESOURCES: Mary McClellan, R-Holiday Hills (Chairwoman); Sue Draffkorn, R-Wonder Lake (Vice Chairwoman); Barnes; Carolyn Schofield, R-Crystal Lake; Sandra Fay Salgado, R-McHenry; Paula Yensen, D-Lake in the Hills; Diane Evertsen, R-Harvard
• LAW AND JUSTICE: Draffkorn (Chairwoman); McClellan (Vice Chairwoman); Barnes; Heisler; Joe Gottemoller, R-Crystal Lake; John Jung, R-Woodstock; Michele Aavang, R-Woodstock
• LEGISLATIVE AND INTERGOVERNMENTAL AFFAIRS: Jung (Chairman); Ken Koehler, R-Crystal Lake (Vice Chairman); Nick Chirikos, D-Algonquin; Schofield; Provenzano; Robert Martens Sr., R-Spring Grove; Ersel Schuster, R-Woodstock
• LIQUOR AND LICENSE: Koehler (Chairman); Robert Nowak, R-Cary (Vice Chairman); Gottemoller; Draffkorn; Evertsen
• MANAGEMENT SERVICES: Yensen (Chairwoman); Hammerand (Vice Chairman); Anna May Miller, R-Cary; Michael Walkup, R-Crystal Lake; Kurtz; Skala; Schuster
• NATURAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL RESOURCES: Aavang (Chairwoman); Nowak (Vice Chairman); Chirikos; Schofield; Walkup; Martens; Jung
• PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT: Gottemoller (Chairman); Schuster (Vice Chairwoman); Chirikos; Schofield; Draffkorn; Skala; Mary McCann, R-Woodstock
• PUBLIC HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES: Kurtz (Chairwoman); Miller (Vice Chairwoman); Walkup; Salgado; Hammerand; Yensen; McCann
• TRANSPORTATION: Miller (Chairwoman); Yensen (Vice Chairwoman); Chirikos; Koehler; Provenzano; Salgado; Evertsen
• BUILDING PROJECTS: Provenzano (Chairman); Evertsen (Vice Chairwoman); Nowak; Heisler; McClellan; Martens; Jung.