Municipalities urge holiday lights recycling
WOODSTOCK – The McHenry County Department of Health encourages residents to take advantage of the
Holiday Lights Recycling Program offered in area municipalities.
Residents can bring holiday light strands, rope lights, LED lights and extension cords.
Unacceptable items include garlands, wreaths and other nonrecyclable materials.
The following municipalities offer drop-off locations:
• Village of Algonquin, 2200 Harnish Drive; 847-658-2700.
• Village of Cary, 655 Village Hall Drive; 847-639-0003.
• City of Crystal Lake, 100 W. Woodstock St.; 815-459-2020.
• Village of Lakewood, 2500 Lake Ave.; 815-459-3025.
• City of McHenry, 333 S. Green St.; 815-363-2186.
• Village of Port Barrington, 69 S. Circle Ave.; 847-639-7595.
• Village of Prairie Grove, 3619 Ames Road; 815-455-1411.
• Village of Spring Grove, 7401 Meyer Road; 815-675-2121.
If your municipality is not listed, contact local officials for recycling availability.
Additional information is provided on the health department webpage – www.mcdh.info (Environmental Health) – or by calling Kristy Hecke, the health department’s solid waste manager, at 815-334-4585.
– Northwest Herald