Mostly Cloudy
84°FMostly CloudyFull Forecast

Dryer sparks fire in Hebron house

HEBRON – A dryer caught fire, and it spread to the house at 10818 Button Road, according to the Hebron-Alden-Greenwood Fire Protection District.

Linda Ogle was drying towels about 6:50 p.m. when she heard a noise coming from the dryer. She found the light bulb had popped out. She tried putting it back in, which led to a spark that got into the lint trap, Ogle said.

When crews arrived, there was moderate smoke coming from the house, said Assistant Chief Tom Linneman. The fire was under control in about 30 minutes.

Six people and the family’s two dogs were displaced from the log-framed house, and they planned to stay with relatives. No injuries were reported,

“We’ll be OK,” Ogle said. “The best thing is everyone is OK.”

Because there are no hydrants in the area, the fire district called for help from several departments.

– Joseph Bustos


Get breaking and town-specific news sent to your phone. Sign up for text alerts from the Northwest Herald.


Reader Poll

What was your favorite day of the year as a child?
Last day of school