HUNTLEY – Huntley High School’s College and Career Center will host a free FAFSA Workshop at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in Labs 220 and 222 at the school, 3719 Harmony Road.
The workshop is open to the public. It will help college-bound students complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Completing the FAFSA accurately and on time is the first and most important step to obtain state and federal financial aid.
FAFSA expert Karen Macella from the Illinois Student Aid Commission will lead the event, answer questions and assist with FAFSA completion. Parents are asked to bring the following items to the workshop:
• Social Security numbers or alien registration numbers.
• Records of Income – W2s, Federal Tax Return IRS 1040, and child support paid/received and other untaxed income.
• Information about Assets – savings, CDs, stock options, bonds, 529 savings plans, investment real estate, business and farm.
• Driver’s license numbers (if you have a license).
• Dates of birth (day, month and year).
• Month and year of marriage, separation, divorce or other change in marital status. Two Spanish-speaking interpreters will be present. For information, call Jon Teune, college and career counselor, at 847-659-6559.