Overcast
30°FOvercastFull Forecast

Rockford maintenance worker electrocuted

Published: Friday, Feb. 1, 2013 5:30 a.m. CST

ROCKFORD – A maintenance supervisor in Rockford has died after getting electrocuted while working in a false ceiling.

The Rockford Register Star reported that 53-year-old Gregory Steward of Forreston died Wednesday afternoon. He worked at a Lowes Distribution Center in Rockford. A Winnebago County Coroner's Office autopsy found his cause of death was electrocution.

Officials said a co-worker heard a noise and went to Steward's aid. The co-worker brought Stewart down a ladder and started CPR.

Rockford Fire Department paramedics found Stewart unresponsive. He was pronounced dead at Rockford Memorial Hospital.

Get breaking and town-specific news sent to your phone. Sign up for text alerts from the Northwest Herald.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Reader Poll

What did you give teachers for Christmas?
Baked goods
Homemade gifts
Gift cards
Candles
Nothing