State

Rockford maintenance worker electrocuted

ROCKFORD – A maintenance supervisor in Rockford has died after getting electrocuted while working in a false ceiling.

The Rockford Register Star reported that 53-year-old Gregory Steward of Forreston died Wednesday afternoon. He worked at a Lowes Distribution Center in Rockford. A Winnebago County Coroner's Office autopsy found his cause of death was electrocution.

Officials said a co-worker heard a noise and went to Steward's aid. The co-worker brought Stewart down a ladder and started CPR.

Rockford Fire Department paramedics found Stewart unresponsive. He was pronounced dead at Rockford Memorial Hospital.

Loading more

Digital Access

Digital Access
Access nwherald.com from all your digital devices and receive breaking news and updates from around the area.

Home Delivery

Home Delivery
Local news, prep sports, Chicago sports, local and regional entertainment, business, home and lifestyle, food, classified and more! News you use every day! Daily, weekend and Sunday packages.

Text Alerts

Text Alerts
Stay connected to us wherever you are! Get breaking news updates along with other area information sent to you as a text message to your wireless device.

Email Newsletters

Email Newsletters
We'll deliver news & updates to your inbox. Plan your weekend and catch up on the news with our newsletters.