CLC's Logan headed for D-III Platteville
Crystal Lake Central defensive tackle Kyle Logan (6-foot-1, 240 pounds) has committed to NCAA Division III Wisconsin-Platteville to play football next season, Tigers coach Matt Fralick said Thursday.
Logan was a Northwest Herald All-Area first-team selection as a senior when he helped the Tigers to the Class 6A playoff quarterfinals. Logan had 51 tackles, seven for losses and four sacks.
He was instrumental in Central’s defense holding Cary-Grove to its lowest point total of the season when the Tigers fell to the Trojans, 7-0, in the quarterfinals.
Fralick also said punter Garrett Gusakow, who averaged 37 yards a kick, will play at NAIA St. Ambrose. Gusakow will join teammate Isaiah Mosher, the Tigers’ leading receiver, at St. Ambrose. Mosher plans to play football and compete in track and field for the Bees.
Another area player, Woodstock North’s two-way lineman Rich Lucke, is headed to Platteville and will be teammates with Logan.
In volleyball, two area girls have accepted scholarship offers from NCAA D-II schools. Jacobs’ Hailey Vitacco, a 6-0 middle hitter, will play at Illinois-Springfield. Johnsburg’s Alicia Stokes, a 5-10 right-side hitter, will play at Davis & Elkins (W. Va.).
Here are most commitments from area players:
Crystal Lake South
• Andrew Webster, football, Robert Morris (NAIA)
• Crystal Hoffman, soccer, St. Francis, Ind. (NAIA)
• Josh Perkins, baseball, Benedictine (D-III).
• Becca Hoklas, soccer, Indiana Tech (NAIA).
• Jordan Reitz, soccer, Milwaukee School of Engineering (D-III).
• Josh Neely, baseball, Concordia University Chicago (NAIA).
• Cara Tyrell, who lives in Algonquin, volleyball, Judson University (NAIA)>