McHENRY – Registration is under way for seminars offered by the Illinois Small Business Development Center at McHenry County College.
All classes are held at the Shah Center, 4100 W. Shamrock Lane, McHenry. For more information or to register, contact the ISBDC at 815-455-6098.
• Starting a Business in Illinois, 6 to 8 p.m., March 5: An ISBDC experienced instructor will discuss many of the basics pertaining to entrepreneurship, as well as distribute various handouts with agencies and resources available to help small business owners. Cost is $25.
• Introduction to Profit Mastery, 9 to 11 a.m., March 5: Learn how the Profit Mastery process will help business owners to improve the profitability and cash flow of their businesses. This workshop will provide an overview of the tools needed to take financial concepts and turn them into powerful decision-making tools needed to manage financial statements, pricing strategies, cash flow access to capital and business growth. Clients of the ISBDC will be provided access to the entire online course offering provided by Profit Mastery. No fee to attend, but reservations are encouraged.
• Marketing Roundtable, 6 to 8 p.m., March 6: The ISBDC offers the Marketing Roundtable group as a no-cost option for small business owners to collaboratively discuss various approaches to marketing and apply the strategies to their businesses. Reservations are encouraged as seating is limited.
• The CORE FOUR Business Planning series, 6 to 9 p.m., Tuesdays, March 6-27: A turn-key curriculum to help you learn the steps to becoming small business owner. Dubbed “The Entrepreneur’s Bible” by many of its advocates, CORE FOUR Business Planning is an indispensable learning tool for both novice and experienced entrepreneurs. The weekly topics are: Core 1: Success Planning; Core 2: Market Planning; Core 3: Cash Flow Planning; and Core 4: Operations Planning. Cost for the series is $175 and includes textbook and materials.
• Social Media Roundtable, 6 to 8 p.m., March 20: Small business owners discuss the latest trends in social media marketing and share various approaches with their peers. A social media professional will help facilitate the discussion and be available for questions. No fee to attend, but reservations are encouraged as seating is limited.
• Online Niche Marketing, 6 to 8 p.m., March 27: Build and strengthen relationships with customers at this new seminar by learning how to develop an online presence to attract a highly qualified niche market. Learn to avoid common pitfalls and create a community around your brand. Cost is $35.