Digital Access

Digital Access
Access nwherald.com from all your digital devices and receive breaking news and updates from around the area.

Home Delivery

Home Delivery
Local news, prep sports, Chicago sports, local and regional entertainment, business, home and lifestyle, food, classified and more! News you use every day! Daily, weekend and Sunday packages.

Text Alerts

Text Alerts
Stay connected to us wherever you are! Get breaking news updates along with other area information sent to you as a text message to your wireless device.

Email Newsletters

Email Newsletters
We'll deliver news & updates to your inbox. Plan your weekend and catch up on the news with our newsletters.
Mobile

Coroner: McHenry man died from carbon monoxide poisoning

McHENRY - A 20-year-old man died Friday morning from carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the McHenry County Coroner's Office.

He has been identified as Carlos Arenas-Rodriguez, Coroner Anne Majewski said in a news release. The carbon monoxide came from a gas-powered generator being used where he was located.

No foul play is suspected.

Members of the McHenry Township Fire Protection District were called to a home in the Lakeland Park subdivision at around 2:35 a.m. for a report of a medical emergency.

Crews arrived at the home on the 1700 block of North Avenue and found high levels of carbon monoxide, according to authorities. Arenas-Rodriguez was found unresponsive in the home.

He was treated and transported to Centegra Hospital – McHenry, where he was later pronounced dead. Two other residents were treated and released at the scene.

It is unknown whether the home had carbon monoxide detectors, police said.

The investigation is ongoing.
 

Loading more