CARPENTERSVILLE – A small grease fire caused a Culver’s Restaurant in Carpentersville to be evacuated.
The Carpentersville Fire Department was called at 6:30 p.m. Friday to the fire at the restaurant at 8000 Miller Road.
A female manager said the restaurant had customers at the time, but couldn’t say how many were there.
An employee extinguished much of the small fire before firefighters arrived, fire officials said. It took crews about 10 minutes to snuff out the rest of it.
“It was pretty minor damage,” said Carpentersville Fire Lt. Chris Bolliger, adding that it was contained to the deep fryer.
– Chelsea McDougall