Local

C’Ville Culver’s has small fire

CARPENTERSVILLE – A small grease fire caused a Culver’s Restaurant in Carpentersville to be evacuated.

The Carpentersville Fire Department was called at 6:30 p.m. Friday to the fire at the restaurant at 8000 Miller Road.

A female manager said the restaurant had customers at the time, but couldn’t say how many were there.

An employee extinguished much of the small fire before firefighters arrived, fire officials said. It took crews about 10 minutes to snuff out the rest of it.

“It was pretty minor damage,” said Carpentersville Fire Lt. Chris Bolliger, adding that it was contained to the deep fryer.

– Chelsea McDougall

Loading more

Digital Access

Digital Access
Access nwherald.com from all your digital devices and receive breaking news and updates from around the area.

Home Delivery

Home Delivery
Local news, prep sports, Chicago sports, local and regional entertainment, business, home and lifestyle, food, classified and more! News you use every day! Daily, weekend and Sunday packages.

Text Alerts

Text Alerts
Stay connected to us wherever you are! Get breaking news updates along with other area information sent to you as a text message to your wireless device.

Email Newsletters

Email Newsletters
We'll deliver news & updates to your inbox. Plan your weekend and catch up on the news with our newsletters.