Fitness specials and events are offered through Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Centers:
• KidZone spring break camps: Children ages 4 to 11 will have fun at KidZone’s full- or half-day camps during spring break. Participants will enjoy a day full of healthy, fun activities including tennis and swim lessons, yoga, basketball and volleyball. A healthy snack will be provided; children should bring a sack lunch. The full-day camps will be from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. March 25-29. The half-day camps will be from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. the same days. All camps will be at Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Center-Huntley. The full-day camp is $200 per member and $310 for community members. The weekly rate for half-day camp is $120 per member and $180 for community members. Call 815-444-2900 to register.
• Centegra Kids in Motion: The Centegra Kids in Motion program helps families learn about healthy lifestyle choices. It offers activity-based kids programming, nutrition counseling, one-on-one coaching, personalized meal planning, parent education and more. Parents and children over 12 may enjoy use of the facility prior to the class. Daycare is provided for children younger than 12. The program will be from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays from April 2 to May 21 at Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Center-Crystal Lake. The fee is $149 per child and scholarships are available. To register, call 877-CENTEGRA.
• Centegra celebrates nutrition month: Centegra celebrates nutrition month in March with a trivia game and fun prizes. Play the game at Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Centers to enter to win free temporary memberships to Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Centers, free personal training sessions, free massages and free manicures and pedicures. There will be two weekly prize drawings. Winners will be notified by email. All entries will receive a nutrition coupon via email. Centegra offers comprehensive nutrition services in McHenry County that include weight loss counseling, sports nutrition counseling, meal planning and food demonstrations, grocery store education, meal and snack ideas and more. For more information visit weighlesslivemore.org or call 877-CENTEGRA.
• Join for $150: For a limited time; join Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Centers for just $100 for single or family memberships. Stop by the concierge or call 815-444-2900 for more information.
• Free lectures teach about foot pain, nutrition, exercise: Common injuries to the foot and ankle can hinder a person’s lifestyle. Join Dr. Patrick McEneaney, an independent podiatrist on the medical staff at Centegra Health System, as he explains prevention, diagnosis and treatment of common foot and ankle injuries. The free lecture will be from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 18 at Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Center-Crystal Lake. To register for this lecture, call 877-CENTEGRA.
• Master gardener: Learn how to design, grow and maintain a vegetable garden, as well as how to include more fruits and vegetables in meal plans from master gardener Ed Schuckert from the University of Illinois Extension and from a Centegra dietitian. The free program will be from 6 to 7:30 p.m. March 19 at Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Center-Crystal Lake. To register for this lecture, call 877-CENTEGRA.
• Maximize your exercise: People who attend, “Maximize Your Exercise” will learn what components of an exercise program are essential to their success, no matter their goals. The free lecture will be from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. March 20 at Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Center-Crystal Lake. To register for this lecture, call 815-444-2900.