CRYSTAL LAKE – Learn about the risks for heart disease or a stroke with a vascular screening available at Centegra Wellness on the Move mobile health unit.
Centegra’s vascular screening program provides immediate preliminary results on these tests: ultrasound images of the carotid artery to detect plaque buildup; ankle brachial index measurements to detect blockage risk and peripheral arterial disease; heart rhythm EKG readout to detect atrial fibrillation; risk level for abdominal aortic aneurysm; and body mass index, pulse and blood pressure numbers.
All results are confidential. Follow-up reports completed by a Centegra Health System radiologist are mailed to the patient within a week so they can be shared with a physician.
Screenings will be from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on the following dates:
• April 5 at Centegra Hospital – Woodstock, 3701 Doty Road.
• April 11 at Centegra Hospital – McHenry, 4309 Medical Center Drive.
• April 15 at Centegra Physician Care – Spring Grove, 1906 Holian Drive.
• April 17 at Centegra Physician Care – Crystal Lake, 360 Station Drive.
• April 18 at Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Center – Huntley, 10450 Algonquin Road.
The cost is $129 for all tests.
For a screening appointment, call 877-236-8347.
This screening is part of Centegra’s add-a-pearl program where women can receive a pearl for participating in select health and wellness programs. To learn more, visit centegra.org/pearl.