My job running around Barrington every day almost seems like too much fun. I get to meet many of you, hear your stories, and, in many cases, take pictures.
With all of the suggestions for stories that have been pouring in, I know that no one knows your communities better than you. That is why we want to give you a chance to not just tell us about it, but show us.
Starting this month, Barrington Life will be hosting a monthly photo contest. Each month will follow a theme, and April’s will be spring in Barrington. So get out your cellphones, point-and-shoots, or your digital SLRs and send us a photo that you think illustrates this beautiful season in this beautiful area.
It’s time to get out there, Barrington shutterbugs! We’ve waited so long for spring to arrive. Bring your cameras while you’re out hiking, gardening, taking your children to a local park, playing sports, or just wandering around your community.
I get emails every week letting me know about a number of great events. I’d love to attend and take photos of all of them, but I think my family would miss me.
Each month, our team will choose a few photos that we’ll feature in the pages of Barrington Life.
There are a few rules to follow:
1. Each image must include a caption that tells us the who, what, when and where of what has been photographed.
2. Tell us how the photo was taken and what kind of interesting circumstances were involved.
3. Tell us what type of camera and lens you used.
4. So the photos reproduce well, please size them to 8 x 10 inches with a resolution of 200, in RGB color, or black and white.
5. Tell us your name, phone number, email address, city of residence and provide a short biography.
6. Save the files as .jpg
Provide all of this either in the file, or in the body of the email. All entries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the theme “Spring in Barrington” in the subject line.
Photos are due by 9 a.m. April 22. We’ll publish the best of them in the April 25 issue of Barrington Life.
• Veronica Jones can be reached at 815-526-4557, or by email at email@example.com.