Local

CL Home sustains damage in fire

CRYSTAL LAKE – A Crystal Lake homeowner was able to tame a chimney fire Wednesday night before it caused substantial damage, the Crystal Lake Fire Department said.

Initial reports said the fire at 7818 W. Hillside Road started in the chimney, with heavy smoke coming from the eaves. It had started to spread to the attic before it was extinguished.

Emergency responders got the call around 6 p.m.

The fire caused an estimated $10,000 in damage.

The Crystal Lake Fire Department canceled a call for extra help upon arriving at the home.

– Shawn Shinneman

Loading more

Digital Access

Digital Access
Access nwherald.com from all your digital devices and receive breaking news and updates from around the area.

Home Delivery

Home Delivery
Local news, prep sports, Chicago sports, local and regional entertainment, business, home and lifestyle, food, classified and more! News you use every day! Daily, weekend and Sunday packages.

Text Alerts

Text Alerts
Stay connected to us wherever you are! Get breaking news updates along with other area information sent to you as a text message to your wireless device.

Email Newsletters

Email Newsletters
We'll deliver news & updates to your inbox. Plan your weekend and catch up on the news with our newsletters.