CRYSTAL LAKE – Learn about the risks for heart disease or a stroke with a vascular screening available on the Centegra Wellness on the Move mobile health unit.
According to the Society for Vascular Surgery, stroke is the fourth-leading cause of death in the United States. Each year, 137,000 people die annually from this disorder. A large proportion of strokes are caused by plaque in the carotid arteries. In 2010, it was estimated that Americans would pay about $73.7 billion for stroke-related medical costs and disability.
Centegra’s vascular screening program provides immediate preliminary results on these tests: ultrasound images of the carotid artery to detect plaque buildup; ankle brachial index measurements to detect blockage risk and peripheral arterial disease; heart rhythm EKG readout to detect atrial fibrillation; risk level for abdominal aortic aneurysm; and body mass index, pulse and blood pressure numbers.
All results are confidential. Follow-up reports completed by a Centegra Health System radiologist are mailed to the patient within a week so they can be shared with a physician.
Screenings will take place from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on the following dates:
• Thursday at Centegra Physician Care-Woodstock, 3707 Doty Road
• May 7 at Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Center-Crystal Lake, 200 Congress Parkway
• May 9 at Centegra Physician Care-Huntley, 10350 Haligus Road
• May 14 at Centegra Hospital-Woodstock, 3701 Doty Road
• May 23 at Centegra Physician Care-Spring Grove, 1906 Holian Drive
• May 30 at Centegra Physician Care-Crystal Lake, 360 Station Drive
The cost is $129 for all tests.
For a screening appointment, call 877-236-8347.
This screening is part of Centegra’s add-a-pearl program where women can receive a pearl for participating in select health and wellness programs. To learn more, visit centegra.org/pearl.