Nominations for Fiesta Days parade marshal
McHENRY – The McHenry Area Chamber of Commerce is accepting parade marshal nominations for the 65th annual Fiesta Days celebration.
Nomination forms are available at the chamber office, 1257 N. Green St., McHenry, or online at www.mchenrychamber.com. Nomination deadline is May 6.
The chamber wishes to honor that person who has contributed to the betterment of the community and has made McHenry a better place to live and work.
The individual nominated should have met a minimum of one of the following criteria points. The individual:
• Should be known by many people or groups to have made a significant contribution to the McHenry area.
• Has provided inspiration that has sparked other people to become intensely involved in efforts to assist the community.
• Has demonstrated outstanding volunteerism in the community.
• Has demonstrated an act of heroism and continues to serve people in the community.
• Has been involved in establishing goals for community development and seeing them followed through to fruition.
• Is dedicated to the mission of improving opportunities for all people in the emotional, physical and social environment in which they live.
Individuals may be nominated by relatives, coworkers, fellow organization members, friends or those simply interested in the work of the candidate. All nominations will be kept confidential at all times. No candidate will be considered unless the nomination is received with an official form, filled out in full, with reasons stated.
For more information, call 815-385-4300.