Local

Johnsburg fire started accidentally

JOHNSBURG – A fire that damaged a Johnsburg home on Wednesday started accidentally, according to the McHenry Township Fire Protection District.

Crews were called to a home in the 3700 block of North Cherokee Drive at around 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday for a report of a structure fire, according to a news release. Firefighters arrived to find heavy smoke and fire coming from the garage of a one-story home in that area.

The fire was brought under control in about 30 minutes.

No one was injured during the incident, but a firefighter was transported to an area hospital for observation.

Crews from Cary, Crystal Lake, Woodstock, Spring Grove, Round Lake and Nunda Rural assisted with the blaze. Members of the American Red Cross were called to assist the family.

The investigation is ongoing.

— Lawerence Synett

Loading more

Digital Access

Digital Access
Access nwherald.com from all your digital devices and receive breaking news and updates from around the area.

Home Delivery

Home Delivery
Local news, prep sports, Chicago sports, local and regional entertainment, business, home and lifestyle, food, classified and more! News you use every day! Daily, weekend and Sunday packages.

Text Alerts

Text Alerts
Stay connected to us wherever you are! Get breaking news updates along with other area information sent to you as a text message to your wireless device.

Email Newsletters

Email Newsletters
We'll deliver news & updates to your inbox. Plan your weekend and catch up on the news with our newsletters.