FOX RIVER GROVE – The Fox River Grove Memorial Library, 407 Lincoln Ave., Fox River Grove, plans the following programs and events for patrons and the public.
• Summer Reading: Children interested in Kids’ Summer Reading (ages 13 and under) should sign up at the Ask Me desk to win prizes in exchange for meeting reading goals. Teens and adults should sign up at the circulation desk. Reading and reporting the required number of books will earn entry into a raffle for gift bags. Sign-up for Summer Reading begins Saturday for Fox River Grove residents and June 8 for nonresidents. Registration is required.
• Book swaps: As part of a new Teen Summer Reading program, the library will host two Teen Book TalkSwaps this summer. Teens can stop by to talk about the best books they have read this summer and bring old books to swap for new ones. The Halfway TalkSwap will be from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. June 26, and the final TalkSwap will be from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. July 17. Registration is required.
• E-reader help: The library is offering an “Intro to E-Readers” course from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. June 19. The focus will be on downloading library e-books from MyMediaMall to Kindles, Nooks and independent tablets. The class size is limited to six. Registration is required.
• Calling all crafters: The library plans to celebrate National Knit in Public Day. Crafters can bring their knitting (or crocheting, embroidery, cross stitch – any handiwork) and drop in between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. June 8 to celebrate crafting in all its forms. No registration is required.
• Storytimes: Three drop-in storytimes will be during June. Storytimes will be from 10 to 11 a.m. June 11, June 19 and June 27.
For information, visit www.frgml.lib.il.us or call 847-639-2274.