Johnsburg begins summer road maintenance
JOHNSBURG – Work has begun on repaving 3.3 miles of village roads, the village administrator said.
Over the next four to five weeks, weather permitting, the contractor, Peter Baker and Sons Co., will resurface 13 roads in six subdivisions and the Prairie Commerce Center, Village Administrator Claudett Peters said.
The company was the low bidder on the project at just over $540,000, under the $600,000 cap recommended by the Public Works Committee.
About two-thirds of the project will be paid for using motor-fuel tax funds.
The remainder will come from the village’s general fund, Trustee Kevin McEvoy said.
The roads were chosen based off the public works department’s rating. They include:
• Miller Road;
• Heather Lane, Aster Court and Dakota Ridge in Prairie View Estates;
• Hiller Ridge and Fieldstone Way in Prairie Commerce Center;
• Cove Court, Knob Hill Road and Fairview Avenue in Dutch Creek Woodlands;
• Dolores Drive in Jak-Ana Heights;
• Dennis Boulevard in the Sunnyside subdivision;
• Grandview Drive in Sunnyside Estates; and
• Sudeenew Court in the Sudeenew subdivision.
To sign up for alerts on traffic impacts that may occur during resurfacing, go to the village’s website, johnsburg.org, and fill out the E-News Blast form on the right side of the page.