The Crystal Lake Park District offers a variety of low-cost special interest seminars for adults this summer.
• EMP Medic First Aid and CPR: Choice of 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. June 15 or Aug. 3, at the Crystal Lake Park District Administration Building, 1 E. Crystal Lake Ave. The cost is $61 for nonresidents and $46 for residents. At the end of this course participants will receive a two-year EMP Medic First Aid/CPR certificate. This course covers infant, child and adult CPR and rescue breathing as well as first aid.
• 25 Unique Organizing Ideas: 7 to 8 p.m. June 18 at Park Place, 406 W. Woodstock St. The cost is $9. This class covers 25 organizing techniques. Concepts will cover organizing solutions for keeping technical gadgets organized, to basic budget tricks for planning for the unexpected expenses, to how planning and organizing can reduce your grocery bill.
• If You Don’t Have a Will, You’re Not Alone: Choice of 7 to 8:30 p.m. June 19, 10 to 11:30 a.m. July 16 or 7 to 8:30 p.m. Aug. 8 at Park Place, 406 W. Woodstock St. The cost is $9. This class will cover the basics of preparing a will and simple steps to start the process.
• Do It Yourself Landscape Design: Choice of 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. June 22 and 29 or 7 to 9 p.m. July 11 and 18. Location will vary. Participants will be notified upon registration. The cost is $32. Learn the basic principles of landscape design. By the end of the course, you will have your own plan that is ready to install. Bring a plat of survey, home photos, pencils and ruler.
• Clean the Clutter from Your Car: Choice of 10 to 11 a.m. June 22 or 3 to 4 p.m. July 21 at Park Place, 406 W. Woodstock St. The cost is $8. In this hands-on workshop, participants will be assisted in cleaning out their cars and learn tips and strategies to help them stay clutter free. All supplies will be provided.
• Organizing Keepsakes and Photos: 10 to 11 a.m. June 27 at Park Place, 406 W. Woodstock St. The cost is $9. Learn how to store and care for keepsakes including children’s photos and artwork.
Advance registration is required for all programs. Register online at www.crystallakeparks.org. For more information contact Jenni Silka at 815-459-0680, ext. 219.