McHENRY – Centegra Health System will sponsor Mammo Monday events throughout McHenry County during July and August.
Women are encouraged to attend a Mammo Monday event to take control of their breast and bone health. Offerings include screening mammograms, bone-density screenings, free expert bra fittings and light snacks.
Upcoming Mammo Mondays will be from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the following locations:
• July 1 at Centegra Gavers Breast Center, 360 N. Terra Cotta Road, Crystal Lake.
• July 8 at Centegra Hospital-McHenry, 4201 Medical Center Drive, McHenry.
• July 15 at Centegra Health Center-Huntley, 10350 Haligus Road, Huntley.
• July 22 at Centegra Hospital-Woodstock, 3701 Doty Road, Woodstock.
• Aug. 5 at Centegra Gavers Breast Center
• Aug. 12 at Centegra Hospital-McHenry
• Aug. 19 at Centegra Health Center-Huntley
• Aug. 26 at Centegra Hospital-Woodstock
The American Cancer Society recommends annual mammograms for women 40 and older to maintain breast health and as a proven way to detect breast cancer in its earliest stage.
Quick 30-minute appointments are recommended. Walk-ins are welcome at Centegra Health Center-Huntley and Centegra Gavers Breast Center in Crystal Lake. Physician orders are needed for a mammogram screening and a bone-density exam.
Patients should bring a physician order to the appointment.
To schedule an appointment, call 815-334-5566 or visit centegra.org/mammo for details.
Financial assistance is available.