• READ ALL ABOUT IT: You can sign up at NWHerald.com/newsletter to get a weekly email update on road projects throughout construction season. You also can find updates online at NWHerald.com/construction.
• CHARLES MILLER ROAD: A pattern change is scheduled for Tuesday to move traffic on River Road onto new lanes. Workers last week moved Miller Road traffic onto new lanes as well.
Work is ongoing to create another two-lane span over the Fox River, and widen Miller Road to four lanes from Route 31 to River Road. The first phase of the project is anticipated to be finished by the end of October, weather permitting.
• RANDALL ROAD: Watch for slowdowns as workers repave Randall Road in Carpentersville.
• FLEMING ROAD: Work continues to rebuild the 2 1/2-mile stretch between Route 120 and Country Club Road. A posted detour reroutes drivers through Woodstock along Routes 120, 47 and 14.
Work is expected to be finished by the end of July, weather permitting.
• WESTERN BYPASS: Watch for workers and delays as workers continue a $33 million project to build a 2-mile, four-lane highway west of downtown Algonquin to relieve congestion on Route 31.
Algonquin Road between Main Street and Meyer Drive will be down to one lane through this fall. Watch for lane closures on Route 31/Main Street. South Main Street has one lane closed between Edgewood and Huntington drives, and North Main Street has one lane closed between Cary-Algonquin Road and Linden Avenue.
Huntington Drive will remain closed between Circle Drive and South Main Street through summer 2014. A detour to Edgewood Drive is posted.
• INTERSTATE 90 AND ROUTE 47: Be prepared for slower traffic along Route 47 as work continues to create a full interchange. The completion date for the $69 million project has been pushed back to November.
• JOHNSBURG ROAD: Only westbound traffic is allowed to travel along the road from Chapel Hill Road to Cherokee Drive. Eastbound traffic is being rerouted through a Route 31, Route 120, Chapel Hill Road detour.
Expect increased truck traffic this week as contractors install the stone base for the new roadway on the south side of Johnsburg Road between Riverside Drive and Route 31.
• ROUTES 31 AND 176: Workers closed East Terra Cotta Avenue, east of the intersection, as part of an ongoing $10.18 million improvement project set for completion in September. Watch for workers.
Sources: McHenry County Division of Transportation, Village of Algonquin, Illinois Department of Transportation, Village of Huntley