WOODSTOCK – The 2013 fireworks show will take place about 9:30 p.m. July 4 at Emricson Park.
Certain restrictions are in place on this date, according to a news release from the Woodstock Police Department.
• A portion of the recreation path by the upper pond and warming house will be closed all day.
• The West Jackson Street entrance/exit will be closed to all vehicular traffic. Pedestrians will be allowed to enter and leave the park through this entrance/exit throughout the event.
• The Bigelow Road entrance to the park will be open until 7 p.m., when it will be closed to all incoming vehicular traffic. Vehicular traffic leaving the park will be able to use this exit throughout the event. Pedestrians will be allowed to enter and leave the park through this entrance/exit throughout the event.
• The South Street entrance to the park will be open throughout the day and at 7 p.m. will become the only vehicular access point into the park. Vehicular access into the park through this entrance will continue under police direction and control until such time as all paved parking areas are full.
• Pedestrians will be allowed to enter and leave the park through the South Street entrance/exit until about 9:30 p.m., when this entrance will be closed to all forms of traffic to provide for the safety zone for the fireworks show.
• Alcoholic beverages and all legal and illegal fireworks (not part of the licensed fireworks show) are prohibited.
The Police Department recommends that people arrive at Emricson Park early. All available parking spaces within the park will be filled well before the start of the show. All pedestrian access into the park through the South Street entrance will be closed before the start of the fireworks.