CRYSTAL LAKE – Although preventive screening is available, millions of Americans at risk for stroke or death from vascular disorders remain unaware of their risk.
The Centegra Wellness on the Move mobile health unit offers this potentially life-saving screening. The unit has technicians and equipment that help screen and diagnose health problems at many stages and promotes education while building awareness and responsibility for one’s own health.
According to the Society for Vascular Surgery, stroke is the fourth leading cause of death in the United States.
Centegra’s vascular screening program provides immediate preliminary results on these tests: ultrasound images of the carotid artery to detect plaque buildup; ankle brachial index measurements to detect blockage risk and peripheral arterial disease; heart rhythm EKG readout to detect atrial fibrillation; risk level for abdominal aortic aneurysm; and body mass index, pulse and blood pressure numbers.
All results are confidential. Follow-up reports completed by a Centegra Health System radiologist are mailed to the patient within a week so they can be shared with a physician.
Screenings will take place from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on the following dates:
• Tuesday at Woodstock Recreation Center, 820 Lake Ave.;
• July 9 at Centegra Hospital-Woodstock, 3701 Doty Road;
• July 16 at Centegra Physician Care-Spring Grove, 1906 Holian Drive;
• July 18 at Centegra Hospital-McHenry, 4309 Medical Center Drive;
• July 23 at Centegra Physician Care-Woodstock, 3707 Doty Road;
• July 25 at Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Center-Huntley, 10450 Algonquin Road.
The cost is $129 for all tests.
For a screening appointment, call 877-236-8347.