DETOUR: Work starting on $4.17 million Kreutzer Road extension project
• KREUTZER ROAD: Work is starting on the $4.17 million extension of Kreutzer Road in Huntley west from Route 47 to Main Street.
• CHARLES MILLER ROAD: Work is ongoing to create another two-lane span over the Fox River, widen Miller Road to four lanes with dedicated turn lanes from Route 31 to River Road.
The first phase, which consists primarily of building the new span and improving the intersection of Miller and River roads, will cost about $12 million and is anticipated to be finished by the end of October, weather permitting.
• FLEMING ROAD: Work continues to rebuild the 2 1/2-mile stretch of road between Route 120 and Country Club Road. A posted detour reroutes drivers through Woodstock along Routes 120, 47 and 14.
• WESTERN BYPASS: Watch for workers and delays as workers continue a $33 million project to build a two-mile, four-lane highway west of downtown Algonquin to relieve congestion on Route 31.
• Algonquin Road between Main Street and Meyer Drive will be down to one lane through this fall. Watch for lane closures on Route 31/Main Street. South Main Street has one lane closed between Edgewood and Huntington drives, and North Main Street has one lane closed between Cary-Algonquin Road and Linden Avenue.
• Huntington Drive will remain closed between Circle Drive and South Main Street through summer 2014. A detour to Edgewood Drive is posted.
• INTERSTATE 90 AND ROUTE 47: Be prepared for slower traffic along Route 47 as work continues to create a full interchange.
The completion date for the $69 million project has been pushed back to November.
• CRYSTAL LAKE ROAD: Work is ongoing to resurface and improve traffic signals on Crystal Lake Road in McHenry, from Bull Valley Road to Route 120. The $1.28 million project is expected to be finished in August.
• JOHNSBURG ROAD: Only westbound traffic is allowed to travel along the road from Chapel Hill Road to Cherokee Drive. Eastbound traffic is being rerouted through a Route 31, Route 120, Chapel Hill Road detour.
Drivers on Spring Grove Road should watch for flaggers and temporary daytime lane closures near the Johnsburg Road intersection as storm sewer installation continues.
• ROUTES 31 AND 176: Workers closed East Terra Cotta Avenue, east of the intersection, as part of an ongoing $10.18 million improvement project set for completion in September. Watch for workers.
• READ ALL ABOUT IT: You can sign up at NWHerald.com/newsletter to get a weekly email update on road projects throughout construction season. You also can find updates online at NWHerald.com/construction.
Sources: McHenry County Division of Transportation, Village of Algonquin, Illinois Department of Transportation, Village of Huntley