Fog/Mist
42°FFog/MistFull Forecast

Lawn mower fire burns part of Huntley home

Published: Thursday, July 18, 2013 11:43 a.m. CST • Updated: Thursday, July 18, 2013 11:23 p.m. CST
Caption
A lawn mower caught fire and burned part of a Huntley home Thursday, July 18. (Jim Dallke - jdallke@shawmedia.com)

HUNTLEY – A lawn mower that caught fire Thursday morning burned part of a Huntley home.

The lawn mower was in a shed in the backyard of the home when it caught fire. The fire completely destroyed the shed and burned part of the exterior of the home.

The family was home during the fire. No one was injured in the blaze.

The fire likely started from an electrical problem with the mower, according to the Huntley Fire Department.

- Jim Dallke

Get breaking and town-specific news sent to your phone. Sign up for text alerts from the Northwest Herald.

Reader Poll

How far are you traveling this Thanksgiving?
Less than 25 miles
26 to 50 miles
51 to 100 miles
101 to 150 milies
More than 150 miles