The Holiday Gift Auction is Live! Click here and bid now on great local gifts!
Local

Lawn mower fire burns part of Huntley home

A lawn mower caught fire and burned part of a Huntley home Thursday, July 18. (Jim Dallke - jdallke@shawmedia.com)
A lawn mower caught fire and burned part of a Huntley home Thursday, July 18. (Jim Dallke - jdallke@shawmedia.com)

HUNTLEY – A lawn mower that caught fire Thursday morning burned part of a Huntley home.

The lawn mower was in a shed in the backyard of the home when it caught fire. The fire completely destroyed the shed and burned part of the exterior of the home.

The family was home during the fire. No one was injured in the blaze.

The fire likely started from an electrical problem with the mower, according to the Huntley Fire Department.

- Jim Dallke

Loading more

Digital Access

Digital Access
Access nwherald.com from all your digital devices and receive breaking news and updates from around the area.

Home Delivery

Home Delivery
Local news, prep sports, Chicago sports, local and regional entertainment, business, home and lifestyle, food, classified and more! News you use every day! Daily, weekend and Sunday packages.

Text Alerts

Text Alerts
Stay connected to us wherever you are! Get breaking news updates along with other area information sent to you as a text message to your wireless device.

Email Newsletters

Email Newsletters
We'll deliver news & updates to your inbox. Plan your weekend and catch up on the news with our newsletters.