Back-to-school time is a great time for healthy eating
Anytime our schedules change is a good time to implement new habits. If you’ve been thinking about adopting some healthier habits into you or your kids’ lifestyles, back-to-school time is the perfect opportunity.
Here are some ideas of things to try as we adopt our new fall schedules:
- Send your kids to school with a healthy packed lunch
- Incorporate healthy snacks into your day
- Try a new healthy breakfast cereal
- Encourage more fruits and vegetables at meals and snacks
- Drink more water during the day
- Try some new healthy dinner recipes
Don’t just stop at healthy eating. Try to incorporate some exercise and good sleeping habits into your new daily schedule. Walk or bike with your kids to school, take a walk after school or dinner, and try to get eight hours of sleep at night.