35FOvercastFull Forecast

Gas Leak in Huntley

Heritage Woods assisted living facility resident Edward Pasdiora is transported to an ambulance while Nicor employees and firefighters work to shut off the gas after a construction crew installing a light pole struck a gas line on Regency Parkway in Huntley Thursday, August 19, 2013. More than 100 residents at nearby Heritage Woods assisted living facility and Deer Path assisted living facility were evacuated and transported to the Huntley Village Hall and a neighboring fire station. Sarah Nader - snader@shawmedia.com