Algonquin schedules hydrant flushing
ALGONQUIN – As a regular maintenance practice, the Algonquin Utilities Division flushes all fire hydrants throughout the village twice a year.
This exercise not only ensures proper operation of each hydrant, but also helps to move fresh water throughout the distribution system, improving overall water quality.
Weather permitting, the fall 2013 hydrant flushing schedule is as follows:
• Monday through Sept. 22: The entire area east of Main Street (Route 31). This area includes the Arrowhead subdivision, Jefferson Street, Railroad Street and Washington Street.
• Sept. 23 through Sept. 29: The area north of Edgewood Drive, east of Hanson Road, south of Algonquin Road and west of Main Street (Route 31).
• Sept. 30 through Oct. 6: The area south of Edgewood Drive and County Line Road, west of Main Street (Route 31) and east of Randall Road.
• Oct. 7 through Oct. 13: The area east of Randall Road, south of Algonquin Road, west of Hanson Road and north of County Line Road. This includes Randall Road.
• Oct. 14 through Oct. 20: The area west of Square Barn Road to the village limits.
• Oct. 21 through Nov. 1: The area east of Square Barn Road, west of Randall Road, and south of Algonquin Road.
Residents are encouraged to avoid using water while hydrant flushing is taking place, because temporary losses of water pressure and water discoloration may be possible.
For information, visit the Algonquin Public Works Department online at www.algonquin.org/publicworks.