Every member belongs to a Chamber for a different reason. They don’t all perceive value the same way. Some belong for the prestige, networking, marketing opportunities, workshops and some for educational speakers. The Chamber has to cover all those bases and make sure they get the value they are seeking.
Here is what we have coming up to help you get value from being a member of the Huntley Area Chamber of Commerce.
• EDUCATIONAL: On Monday at Pinecrest Restaurant in Huntley, Illinois Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka will be the guest speaker for the Huntley Area Chamber of Commerce. She will discuss the state’s fiscal condition and the implications for area businesses and organizations. She will provide remarks and a review of the economic and budgetary environment in Illinois. Seating is limited. To register, visit www.huntleychamber.org.
• MARKETING: October is the opening of sales for our 2014 Community Guide and Map. Members can take advantage of early-bird specials. This is a great visual advertising piece that is distributed throughout the year. Executive Club Members save $100 on their ads. Our guide also is posted on our website. Online order forms are available at www.huntleychamber.org.
October opens the online registration for our Executive Club Members to reserve their booths for the 2014 Huntley Chamber Home & Business Expo to be held Feb. 22 and Feb. 23 at Marlowe Middle School. Our corporate sponsor is Centegra Health System.
The event will have more than 100 exhibitors and the opportunity for our members to market their businesses. November opens the registration for all Huntley members to register for their booths, so if you are currently not a member, it is time to join! Visit www.huntleychamber.org for information and to register.
• WORKSHOPS: On Oct. 2, the Huntley Chamber will have its general membership meeting at the Huntley Park District Rec Center (in the Cosman Theater). The meeting will start at noon. The topic will be marketing issues. Members will be divided into teams and given marketing problems to solve. Visit www.huntleychamber.org for information and to register.
At 3:45 p.m. Oct. 15, the Chamber Office will have an Orientation Meeting for members and potential members. Find out how to get all the benefits from being a Chamber member. Call the Chamber office 847-669-0166 to reserve a seat. Space is limited.
• NETWORKING: The monthly mixer will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Oct. 8 at Deer Path Supportive Living in Huntley. You will be able to take a tour, see the highlights of this new location and network with fellow members.
This is a great opportunity for businesses looking to join the Huntley Chamber. Get on the guest list by calling 847-669-0166.
Visit our Networking Groups and fine-tune your personal networking opportunities. Networking groups HuntleyArea.Biz and Huntley Chamber Construction Network welcome Huntley Chamber Members to join and enhance their Power Team of leads. For information, visit www.huntleychamber.org.
• PRESTIGE: Become a Huntley Chamber member, a director on the board or an ambassador. Get involved on a committee, sponsor an event or host a mixer. Get ready to take that next step and become a part of the Huntley Area Chamber of Commerce Family … our doors are always open.
• Rita Slawek is president and CEO of the Huntley Area Chamber of Commerce. She can be reached at 847-669-0166.