CRYSTAL LAKE – Learn how to create delicious meals, desserts and a brunch featuring seasonal produce, with new non-credit culinary classes offered this fall by McHenry County College’s Continuing Education Department.
• Baking in Jars: Participants will learn how to bake desserts in a Mason jar, including apple pie, chocolate cake and cherry crumble. The class takes place from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Tuesday at the Lakeside Legacy Arts Park in Crystal Lake. The cost is $65. To register, use course ID: NCU S58 010.
• Autumn Soups: Chef Maddox will lead the group through creating butternut squash soup, mushroom and thyme soup, and Tuscan white bean soup. The class takes place from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Oct. 11 in Room B179 at MCC, 8900 Route 14. The cost is $49. Use course ID: NCU S30 010 to register.
• Cupcake Temptations: Learn easy ways to decorate cupcakes. A list of all supplies will be sent to class participants before the first session. Beginning cake-decorating skills will help, but it’s not a requirement. The class takes place from 7 to 9 p.m. Oct. 18 in Room D158 at MCC. The cost is $25. Use course ID: NCU S71 018 to register.
• Fall Brunch Workshop: Chef Aaron will prepare brunch items utilizing seasonal produce. The class takes place from 9 to 11 a.m. Oct. 19 in Room B179 at MCC. The cost is $53. Use course ID: NCU S55 009.
• Make Your Own Sushi: Learn how to rolling the sushi into neat and compact rolls. The menu includes maki sushi, hosomaki and uramaki. Class takes place from 1:30 to 4 p.m. Oct. 20 at the Lakeside Legacy Arts Park in Crystal Lake. The cost is $65. To register, use course ID: NCU S29 010.
To register, call the MCC Registration Office at 815-455-8588. For information, call Tracy Berry at 815-455-8758 or Claudia Terrones at 815-455-8782.