It’s the GOP? Really?
To the Editor:
If watching or listening to our “lame-stream” media, it’s the GOP, stupid.
This administration has amended or delayed Obamacare 19 times. Unions scream about the harm it will cause. The exchanges are in disarray. Yet, it’s Republicans who are out of touch for wanting to stop it?
Some of the terrible things Republicans have said:
• It will “destroy the foundation of the 40-hour workweek that is the backbone of the American middle class.”
• It will “end up forcing millions out of multi-employer plans.”
• It “creates unstoppable incentives for employers to reduce weekly hours for workers.”
• Its “perverse incentives are already creating nightmare scenarios.”
• “In its rush to achieve its passage, many of the act’s provisions were not fully conceived.”
• Repealing Obamacare would “protect our employers, our industry and our most important asset: our members and their families.”
Wait! It wasn’t Republicans. Each of these complaints was by top union officials who, despite backing Obamacare, now see its dark side.
Our founders didn’t envision government would shut down, stop operating or stop trying to come to a result.
The president’s role is to bring us together. He said that during his campaigns. He has a great capacity for persuading America that he’s right.
The latest Republican offer is let’s keep the government running and sit down according to legislative rules and have a conference and talk about it. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in no uncertain terms said Democrats would not go to a conference committee.