Light Snow Fog/Mist
31°FLight Snow Fog/MistFull Forecast

Fire damages Crystal Lake business

Published: Wednesday, Nov. 13, 2013 10:58 a.m. CST • Updated: Wednesday, Nov. 13, 2013 11:25 p.m. CST
Caption
(Jim Dallke - jdallke@shawmedia.com)
Crystal Lake firefighters were called Wednesday morning to a fire at Dalman's Evergreens Landscaping. The small fire was likely caused by a wood-burning stove.

CRYSTAL LAKE – A small fire damaged a Crystal Lake landscaping business Wednesday morning.

Around 10 a.m., the Crystal Lake Fire Rescue Department responded to Dalman’s Evergreens Landscaping and Tree Service at 7417 W. Hillside Road. The fire was contained to one of the business’s walls and was quickly extinguished.

The blaze appeared to have been started by a wood-burning stove. No one was injured in the fire.

The Nunda Rural Fire Protection District and the McHenry County Sheriff’s Office also were called to the scene.

– Jim Dallke

Get breaking and town-specific news sent to your phone. Sign up for text alerts from the Northwest Herald.

Reader Poll

If you had only one day to live, what would you do with it?
Learn to play the piano
Take up ice sculpting
Learn to speak French
Win over the love of a small town
Other